As the year comes to a close, it has got me thinking about the past year and all the things that happened -all the threads connected to make up 2015.
- Gave up flat sharing and moved into a tiny one bedroom flat that is all my own
- Started working for a huge social media platform and my first real foray into working in the corporate world.
- Travelling – visited beautiful Santa Barbara twice, San Francisco, Puerto Rico, and second visit to New York City
- Ill health – being diagnosed with Deep Vein Thrombosis and being put on blood thinners has taken it’s toll. This has meant a change in my diet, aenemia, and feeling like a pincushion due to so many blood tests.
- Knocked off more subjects of my Graphic Design diploma- not long to go now before I wrap up!
- Began working out with a personal trainer after a long hiatus from exercise
- Red toffee peanuts became an obsession – there was a while there when I couldn’t go to the local supermarket without buying these and I’d scoff them within a couple days.
- Invited more plant friends into my life – am officially becoming a plant hoarder and rescuer.
- Discovered a crazy love for old world French cafe music
- Yellow squash has become a staple in my diet. Until a few months ago I had never tasted it.
- Hosted webinar presentations for work clients all on my own.
- Having my three wisdom teeth removed.
- Learning who my real friends are, and sadly who is not.
- Not understanding why we don’t have Barnes and Noble in Australia!
- Becoming more self-aware and accepting of my faults
- Bought a whole heap of dresses – I found that wearing dresses is so much better than jeans!
- Recognising the real difference between wanting to be with someone and needing to be with someone.
- Slowly giving up alcohol. This year has been about slowly letting it go and drinking less and less.
- Giving in to my gypsy soul. There is no denying the pull of wandering, travel, big skies, wildness, and freedom.
- Keeping an open mind opens doors to new information, new avenues, new possibilities.
Here’s to 2016!