After many months of absence I have returned back here to this space, as I’ve done many times without writing or contributing to what I have created. While I am still to work out the direction in which I want to take my offering, I am ready to pick up where I have left off and let my words flow once more.
This year 2016 has been a big one in many ways. My intentions for the past 12 months were ones of investment and transformation, which I worked on in major ways to bring more of both into my life.
- I finished my Graphic Design diploma – 2 and a half years of hard work, commitment and pure perseverance enabled me to cross the line and say I am now a designer.
- Moving into an airy, sunny, and quiet new apartment. This is move number 6 in 6 years.
- Re-commiting to my yoga practice
- Committing to my new adult braces
- Being free of my Deep Vein Thrombosis!
- Writing my own portfolio website and learning to code enough to get the job done
- Visiting Vegas, experiencing the beautiful Grand Canyon, and partying at Omnia nightclub with over 4,500 colleagues at Caesar’s Palace for a work trip
- Enjoying and celebrating one more year of life with my beautiful senior dog
- Deciding I will not settle just for any man – I am willing to wait for someone special
- Reaching over 900 posts on Instagram – am on track for 1000!
- Continuing to work towards self-love. My journey has been a long one and it is a road I continue to walk down each and every day.
- Learning to accept that I will make mistakes – I forgive myself and move forwards with my head held high
- Allowing my inner gypsy princess to come out more often and play with beautiful skirts, long earrings, and bare feet
- On that same note, growing my hair to mermaid lengths and leaving it alone without heat styling and straightening
- Investing in more books than clothes
- Recognising my work-life balance is a little off-center. I am beginning to put together a plan in place for better balance and organisation in 2017.
- Ditto for my personal finances
- Friendship. I have beautiful, strong, successful friends who I celebrate spending time with and who I am grateful to have in my life
- Grateful for family – watching my nieces and nephews grow up is beautiful experience – they grow up too fast!
- Articulating for the first time what my numerous dreams are, and allowing myself the luxury to really think about how I can make them happen. They are unique to me, and not letting others dissuade me with well-intentioned-but-not-for-me-opinions.
As the year comes to a close, I work to plan for 2017, a year of new beginnings, big changes, love and joy. And so it is.